Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ashwin in Paris - 10

In my last post I had promised that I will share an experience that I 'll never forget in my life. I do not think you were anyway eagerly waiting to hear it :-). But still, without wasting any time, let me break the suspense.

See the picture attached…Saw something unusual??????? I know what you must be thinking….you must be thinking of the angular nature of the picture… No!

By this time you must have got a smile on your face…and yes now you would have observed the grin on my face as well…very unnatural for me to smile this way when I pose for the photograph…most of you know that :-).

Even now the smile that you see on my face is not natural…but forced by circumstance…yep you hear it right forced…:-)

How? Here it goes…

I was standing for my friend to take a photograph of mine…I was posing for the photo and true to my reputation with a grim face…

Come on Ashwin …you have to smile when you pose for a photo …a comment should have come from my friend … but my friends are used to it …they know I don't have a photogenic face…:-) and to add to it …smile is the last thing that they can expect from me when I pose for a photograph…

One of my colleagues had once commented that I was serious to the core…Let me open a poll here….Do you agree to it? Or Do you disagree? You can use the comments section for this :-).

So now what is so memorable about this ???????

"You have to smile when you pose for a photo" …Though these were not the exact words but that is what an Old Lady who passed by me meant when she shouted "Smile please" and demonstrated to me how to do it…

And with that the entire crowd surrounding me burst into laughter…It was very embarrassing but even I could not stop laughing and the "grim face" turned into a "grin face". My friend took advantage of this golden opportunity and seized the moment in his camera…and this is what is attached.

Hope you enjoyed this……keep waiting for my next post

1 comment:

Kumar said...

tx to that old lady.. u smiled!