The title of the post is not mine but I borrowed it from a news channel. In fact it is this title that prompted me to write this post. I am sometimes very amused by the headings that these news agencies use. Is it just to attract the eye balls? Well then I would like to see how much eye balls my post catches. If you are reading this blog, then please do post a comment "Yes! I read." :-).
Coming back to the heading. I have no objection to the first half of the heading. India is indeed desperate for a change. There is no doubt about it. It is to the second half, that I have objection to. What do they mean by "its Obama"? Obama himself is new to the power. With due respect to him, he is yet to prove everyone what he is capable of. Already I see media everywhere in the world quoting him, as if he is an icon. I do not intend to echo any nationalist sentiment but what I would like to know from this news agency is, can't they find a single icon within our own nation. India is a bigger democracy than America, what could an Obama do to it?
Why do we have to look outside our country for examples and icons? Shed the populistic approach to the news and open your eyes and you will see a lot more people you can look up to. Then you would not need "an Obama" for your headings.
So finally I would like to say...India is desperate for change, so change yourself.
1 comment:
Yes! I read.
Post a Comment